- Eight week training program
- June 17-August 19
- One-hour weekly sessions 6-7pm
- Open to all players 7-12 years old
- Cost: $250 + HST
St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Secondary School, Oakville
June 17, 24 | July 08, 15, 22 | August 05, 12, 19
- A football skills teaching method suited for all ages but especially for players aged 5–16 years old of all abilities and their parents, coaches and teachers
- Labelled as the “Worlds #1 Skills Teaching Method”
- A Method that focuses on individual skills development and small group play
- Endorsed and recommended by the top federations, associations, legends/experts of the game, club teams and corporations including:
- French Football Federation
- Football Federation of Australia
- Chinese Football Association
- Japanese Football Association
- Bayern Munich FC
- Newcastle United FC
- Arsenal FC
- Global partner Adidas®
In the late 1970s, Dutch European Championship winning coach Wiel Coerver led a revolution in soccer coaching. He was dissatisfied with the lack of individual skills and emphasis on defensive play in the professional game; an emphasis that many thought, was stifling the more exciting, attacking style of play necessary to score goals and attract fans.
Up to that point, little attention had been given to individual skill development, because no one knew quite how to teach these skills. It was also, then, widely assumed that the great players of the game were innately gifted far beyond the capabilities of the average player.
Coerver’s early focus was on teaching ball mastery and 1 v 1 skills by encouraging players to emulate the “moves” of soccer’s all-time greats, such as Sir Stanley Matthews, Cryuff, Beckenbauer and Pele.
In 1984, inspired by Wiel Coerver’s philosophy, Alfred Galustian and Charlie Cooke founded what is now known around the world as Coerver® Coaching.
Click here to learn more.